Sunday 21 June 2009

Trophies are coming says Torres

Fernando Torres says no amount of spending by Manchester United and Chelsea during the summer will stop Liverpool's relentless quest for the Premier League title reports the Mail.

“We don't have the same money as United or Chelsea but that is not a problem for us,” he said.
“We will try to win trophies with money or without it, it doesn't matter to us. In the past two years, United have been the strongest team in Europe and we had to fight against them. This year they have lost an important player, so maybe it is our time.”

“When I was a kid I was always looking up to Atletico Madrid strikers but when I came to Liverpool I saw DVDs of Robbie Fowler and Kenny Dalglish. They are legends of Liverpool. One day I would like to be close to them.”

Keeping the current squad together at Anfield remains a critical priority. “If we can play together for a lot of years it would be fantastic,” said Torres. “It makes us more complete as players. We have to keep all our good players.” His one major disappointment has been lack of silverware.

“When I signed for Liverpool the main thing was to win trophies for them. It has been frustrating for me because for a club like Liverpool to go two years without a trophy is too long. But I think it's coming.”

Speaking of teammate David Villa said: “I think he will play in Spain. It's his decision but I think Barcelona and Real Madrid are trying to sign him and he will join one of them. I think for his abilities and qualities he is better for the Spanish league - he scores over 25 goals every season. I'd obviously prefer it if he played in Spain if he doesn't come to Liverpool.”

No comments:

Post a Comment