Wednesday 3 June 2009

Benayoun would reject Real Madrid for Liverpool

Yossi Benayoun has re-iterated his desire to stay at Liverpool after playing a vital role in the second half of last season. Back in January, the 29-year-old said he would leave if he continued to play a bit part at Liverpool, with the midfielder attracting interest from Manchester City, West Ham, Atletico Madrid and Villarreal. Benayoun speaking to the Echo he said: “This has been the best season of my career. I have played a lot of games and scored some important goals, and I am very happy with that. At the moment, I am a Liverpool player, and unless something surprising happens, I will remain one. After such a good season, I have had some offers from England and Spain. You have to give that some consideration, so there will probably be some discussions with Liverpool. I have had a great two years at Anfield and enjoyed every minute. I have long since accepted that, with one or two notable exceptions, there is no such thing as an automatic choice at Liverpool. Unless you are Steven Gerrard, you are going to sit out one or two games, but that is no problem. Stevie is exceptional, and the rest of us accept that.”

“The good thing is I have been playing more. To be honest, it could be Real Madrid knocking on my door, and I would still rather stay at Liverpool.”

No comments:

Post a Comment