Monday 1 June 2009

Liverpool target Lavezzi wants to remain at Napoli

Transfer Speculation

Argentina striker Ezequiel Lavezzi wants to remain at Napoli despite reported interest from Liverpool claims today’s Independent. The article goes on to say:

“Lavezzi, who joined the Naples-based side in the summer of 2007, has scored seven goals for the Serie A club this season. "Liverpool's offer?, I want to stay at Napoli," said Lavezzi.
"I hope everything will be made clear but it depends on the club not on me. "I reiterate that my wish is to remain at Napoli." The 24-year-old is under contract with Napoli until June 2012.”

The player’s agent claimed a few weeks ago that “The offer from Liverpool was genuine”, with speculation in the media suggesting Napoli had rejected an £18 million offer from Liverpool for the Argentinean international. LFC Alert initially reported this transfer speculation here.

No comments:

Post a Comment