Wednesday 3 June 2009

Gerrard speaks of his admiration for Owen

Steven Gerrard has given his thumbs up to former Liverpool team-mate Michael Owen, with some papers suggesting Gerrard would like to see Owen return to Anfield, although he has recently been linked with a move to Everton. Gerrard was hosting the media yesterday in prelude to England’s World Cup qualifier against Kazakhstan on Saturday, said: "I'm a player, I'm not a scout or a manager but if I was I would be giving Michael a ring. I'm a big fan of Michael, a good friend of his and I would love to see him get a move to a big club and get his England career back on track. He's suffered a lot in the last couple of years with injuries but a fit Michael Owen has got the ability to be involved in this squad for sure. I've not spoken to him that much of late but I'm sure, knowing Michael as long as I have, he will be desperate to get back playing football again, stay fit and scoring goals."

No comments:

Post a Comment