Friday 12 June 2009

Ex Red Riise has Champions League winner's medal stolen

Roma full-back and ex Liverpool FC player John Arne Riise has had all his medals stolen, including his Champions League winner's medal, reports Goal. The player earned the medal in 2005 after a legendary Champions League final against AC Milan in Istanbul.

Riise was away with Norway on international duty when his apartment in Oslo was broken into, but the player hopes the stolen awards, which also include an FA Cup winner's medal, will eventually be returned.

"I am truly sorry," he explained to Aftenposten. "That medal is the most important of my career, I struggled and worked all my life for it, and now it is no more. I'd rather it had been my TV. I don't think a medal like that is easy to sell on the market. I hope they decide to return the stolen property."

No comments:

Post a Comment