Friday 5 June 2009

Silva in talks with Real

Transfer Speculation

Following on from the doom and gloom of financial woe, Liverpool are in danger of missing out on another summer signing: David Silva, states today’s Times. The article claims the players “representatives held talks with Real Madrid last night.” The story goes on to say that: “Real have a transfer budget thought to be as much as £200 million to sign about five players this summer and they believe that Silva will cost little more than the £20 million that Juventus offered last summer. Valencia will be forced to sell players because of the poor financial position that led to the resignation of Vicente Soriano, the club’s president, yesterday. Julio Llorente and Amadeo Rangel, Silva’s agents, met Miguel Pardeza, Real’s sporting director, and Jorge Valdano, their director general, for 1½ hours at the Bernabeu yesterday.”

Silva, is flattered by the talk claims Sky Sports News, with the player stating: "I don't know anything about what happened because I was at home in the Canaries and I still haven't talked to my agents," he said. "But Valencia should be calm. That a team like Real Madrid are interested is good for Valencia and for me. At the moment I am focused on the national team, I hope everything works out well. It's flattering that a team like Real Madrid are interested but at the moment I am at Valencia."

No comments:

Post a Comment