Sunday 19 July 2009

Steven Gerrard sets his sights on the Premiership title

Steven Gerrard has spoken about his dream of lifting the Premiership trophy. Speaking to the uefa web site the Reds captain believes there’s one medal he yearns for above all else:

"I still have many more dreams, and that means winning the Premier League because that is the only medal that is missing from my own personal collection," reports the Telegraph.

"And it would be really nice to go to a tournament with England and to be successful, so that means the World Cup next summer for me.”

"I want to go one better than a quarter-final, which is the farthest so far that I have gone in a tournament.”

"It's the last four and the final that I now am aiming for. And I want another success in the Champions League too.”

"People could see my reaction when I lifted that trophy in 2005, how much it means to me, my team-mates and the supporters. That was the best night of my career and I want to match it and experience that success again."

"Now I am thinking about what I will do at the end of my career, I'm not getting any younger.”

"It would be nice to stay involved in the game. I'm not sure at what level as either a manager or a coach or even going into the media. I want to stay involved because football is so important to me."

No comments:

Post a Comment