Friday 29 May 2009

Pranjic keen on Liverpool move

Transfer Speculation

Hereenveen winger Danijel Pranjic has admitted he would not be able to turn down a move to Liverpool reports Sky Sports News. Rafa Benitez has been linked with the Croatian international and this story was doing the rounds a couple of weeks ago. Pranjic has enjoyed a fine season with Heerenveen, scoring 16 goals and helping them win the Dutch Cup for the first time in their history.

“For me it is really, really incredible if I imagine I can play for Liverpool. It is a dream for every player, it is the biggest club in England.” Clearly the player knows how to sweet talk. "I am very fast, I can run a lot and I think that is what you need in England.” But in an indication that he may not enjoy playing in the English weather he said: "If I can choose between England or maybe Spain, I would choose Spain because I like that kind of football, that kind of life. I like good weather and in England it is always raining and that is what I don't like about England.” But he added: "But if Liverpool come for me of course I cannot say no."

The Mirror two weeks back claimed that the player had “Sent agent Soren Lerby to Anfield to discuss terms”, with Heerenveen club director Yme Kuiper admitting: "We understand Liverpool is the club where Pranjic wants to go." This could suggest the player is more interested in the move then Liverpool is. However Pranjic is a left-sided midfielder and could possibly be a back up option should the Gareth Barry transfer not take place.

We’ll see how this story develops.

No comments:

Post a Comment