Thursday 21 May 2009

Hyypia relishes a return as coach

Sami Hyypia has been described as a "Liverpool legend" by his manager Rafa Benitez after 463 club appearances since arriving in a £2.5million deal from Dutch club Willem II in the summer of 1999. Hyypia is also eager to take up the offer of becoming a coach at Anfield once his playing days are over.

“I'd like to come back to Liverpool one day as a coach, and it was great to hear the manager would like me to return,"

"Coaching has always been in my mind, but I have to take my badges first. I haven't done that yet because I want to keep playing, and I thought at this stage it would be a burden.”

"But at the end of my playing career I'll look to take the badges and then see. I've so many memories of Liverpool, and really would love to return one day.”

"I think it will only be after I've finally left that I'll be able to sit back and realise what we've done in my 10 years. It's hard to take in now. It is nice to be remembered here."

No comments:

Post a Comment