Monday 11 May 2009

Hammers Noble calls Gerrard best in world

Following along the same theme of 'best in the world', West Ham midfielder Mark Noble has declared that Steven Gerrard is the best in the world. Noble swapped shirts with the inspirational player after the 3 nil drumming dished out on Saturday said “I don’t really ask for many shirts. I’ve got Scholes, Fabregas, Lampard, Joe Cole and now Gerrard’s. I like getting the midfielders, the best in the country. Gerrard has completed my collection. He’s the best, isn’t he? In my eyes, with the praise he does get, I still don’t think he gets enough. He’s obviously labelled one of the best in Europe but with the goals he scores, how he is for Liverpool, I’d say he is the best.”

In an interview in the Daily Star, Noble also hopes Gerrard will win the Premier League with Liverpool “He has stayed at his own club all these years. The really big teams are all interested in him but he pledged his future to Liverpool. For his sake, I hope one day he wins the title. Everyone wants to aspire to being that good. He’s got a fantastic brain but he is also an athlete – he’s strong, powerful and quick. He’s got everything. If I can be nearly as good as Stevie Gerrard I’d be pleased.”

No comments:

Post a Comment