Monday 4 May 2009

Benitez tracks 'Wild Animal' Negredo

Transfer Speculation

Liverpool are believed to be tracking Almeria striker Alvaro Negredo claims Sky Sports News today. Negredo, who’s nickname is La fiera de Vallecas (The wild animal of Vallecas) is on Rafa Benitez's list of targets for the summer, and he admits he would love to move to Anfield. Negredo has been one of the real stars of La Liga hitting the target 19 times this term, and 32 goals in his two seasons at the club. His talents are also believed to have sparked the attention of a number of clubs. Fulham made an unsuccessful effort to sign him in January, while Aston Villa are also interested. The article goes on to say:

“Liverpool are now ready to make a move for the player, although his situation is somewhat complicated in that Real Madrid have first option on him until the end of June. He was with Real Madrid - albeit mainly their second team - before he joined Almeria, but they inserted a buy-back clause of £4.4million which they are now likely to activate. This will mean they can sell him on, with reports suggesting they would want £9.8million and it seems Liverpool would be willing to pay this sum. Negredo, at just 24, represents real potential and Benitez is keen on taking him to England. "To play next to Fernando Torres at Anfield is a dream and any player would accept that. But I prefer to talk about reality and I have not spoken with Rafa Benitez, but I do know that some contact exists between the clubs." Negredo concedes that Real Madrid will ultimately decide where his future lies. "My future depends on Real Madrid, but I believe that this summer I will be out of Almeria," he continued. I am grateful to Almeria because they have given me my chance to play in the Primera Liga. But it is logical that I am interested in playing in the Premier League and especially Liverpool. I believe that playing in England would be a great chance for me as this league is a sensational place for forwards."

2 comments:

  1. a good player, who can only add to the excitement of LFC's squad. fingers crossed. Meanwhile, Mr Bar Bar can I plead with you to revise you comments settings. It's difficult to place a commnet and I think this excellent blog would benefit from a more laid-back attitude to bums like me wanting to put in their two-pennies worth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I believe people are having trouble trying to leave comments. I don’t think it’s to do with any settings I’ve set, however I will endeavour to try and sort this glitch out. Thanks again SD your comments are always welcome here.

    ReplyDelete