Monday 18 May 2009

Dalglish pays tribute to Liverpool’s season

Former player and Kop idol Kenny Dalglish has praised Liverpool’s season. Speaking about the title race he told BBC Radio Merseyside: "They've pushed them a lot harder than they have in the previous three or four years. They can certainly be proud of their efforts this season. This year there has been a lot of optimism and we can look forward to next year."

Dalglish added: "It would have been very positive to win the Premier League but I think there's a lot of stability at the football club now. Maybe that wasn't here in October and November.”

"Rafa has signed a new contract and have Steven Gerrard, Fernando Torres, Dirk Kuyt, Daniel Agger and a lot of the younger players. I'm sure they'll be some people coming in and some going out. But the stronger [players] we get the better chance we will have."

Dalglish also reiterated his desire to rejoin the Reds "We'll just have to wait and see. If I can be of any help to this football club then I will be. If it's more helpful for me to be a supporter then fine. It's no problem, I don't have any grievances with anyone."

No comments:

Post a Comment