Sunday 23 August 2009

New signing Kyrgiakos says: Liverpool are the best in Europe

Liverpool's new signing Sotiris Kyrgiakos who signed a two year deal on Friday, say's he has joined the best club in Europe. Speaking at his press conference following his move from AEK Athens, the 30-year-old also hopes to help the Reds win the Premier League this season:

"It's something I would like very much. I am very happy to have this chance at Liverpool. I know I had just signed a new contract with AEK. But although it was a good contract, you never stop having ambitions in life, and that is why I am here," he said in the Telegraph.

"When you are approached by a club like Liverpool, it is an offer you just cannot refuse. I hope that I can bring my strength to this squad, I am good in the air and I have a lot of experience now, so I hope I can be of benefit to Liverpool."

"There are a lot of real quality players here, so I hope to add to their squad and I know they will help me settle down here."

The Greek international who only found out about the interest from Liverpool on Monday says it wasn't a hard decision to make:

"When I found out it was Liverpool I didn't have to think too hard about it. I'm 30 years-old now, so it's a fantastic opportunity for me to join a club like Liverpool," he said on the official site.

"Sure, it's a huge opportunity, but the important thing is to stay fit and try my best."

Kyrgiakos also says it will be easy to ft into the Premiership following his two years stint in the SPL

"It will help because it is a similar style of football in Scotland."

"I would say I am a physical player in the way I like to defend. I am aggressive in the way I jump to head the ball but I always aim to play within the rules of the game."

"First of all, I want to establish myself as a starting player. Then, I hope to help the club achieve the goals it has already set. I believe I am at the best age for me to take on this challenge because of the experience I now have."

"Everyone is aware of Liverpool's traditions. I have come here because I believe they are the best club in Europe."

"I didn't know Rafa before coming here, but like everyone else, I know he is a great manager. Yes, I am very proud of this achievement."

No comments:

Post a Comment