Saturday 19 September 2009

Torres aims to hit top form

Liverpool striker Fernando Torres has admitted that he hasn't hit top form yet, but believes he will soon. Following a long season last term and his appearances in the Confederations Cup, Torres nicknamed El Niño, also declared he doesn't need resting.

"It was a really long season for me with so many games for Liverpool and then playing for Spain in the Confederations Cup," said Torres in the Echo.

"I played a lot of minutes and I was a little bit tired.

"I haven't been at my best so far this season but I feel like I'm getting better.

"I'm focused on trying to get back to 100% as soon as possible and I'm ready to play in every game.

"We have a lot of things to achieve for Liverpool this season and I want to stay fit. We have a lot of games coming up and then the World Cup at the end of the season.

"Players always want to play 90 minutes and I'm the same. But of course it's up the manager to manage this kind of situation."

The Reds have had a difficult start to the season, but the Reds number 9 believes three successive wins has boosted the teams confidence ahead of the trip to Upton Park.

"We are recovering the confidence now," he said.

"We have to keep on like this, but also improve and keep working hard because there are difficult games coming.

"There are some players injured and they will come back soon to help the team, but we dont have time to think in terms of the recovery of players and improving then we have to win now."

No comments:

Post a Comment