Thursday 3 September 2009

Ayala wants more Premiership chances

Liverpool youngster Daniel Ayala is ready for more Premier League opportunities after he played in the Reds first two games of the season.

"I need to keep working hard and prove myself," said The Spanish defender to Sky Sports.

"If I keep training well and playing well for the reserve team then maybe I might get another chance in the Carling Cup later this month."

Ayala was a substitute in the opening day game at Spurs and made his full debut in the 4-0 victory over Stoke.

He said: "It was a fantastic experience to play in front of such a big crowd against Tottenham and I was very excited.

"The manager just told me to go out and play my normal game and enjoy it.

"Then he told me on the Tuesday that I was going to start the next night against Stoke. I was more nervous than I was at Tottenham because it was to be my first senior start at Anfield.

"I was excited to be playing in front of the Kop and when we came out the noise was incredible.

"It was a very special experience to play my first full first team game at Anfield, and to keep a clean sheet made me very proud.

"The manager told me well done at the end of the game, and to keep working hard."

No comments:

Post a Comment