Showing posts with label Keisuke Honda. Show all posts
Showing posts with label Keisuke Honda. Show all posts

Wednesday, 12 August 2009

Transfer Speculation: Honda

Keisuke Honda
Following on from yesterday's 'Transfer Speculation', VVV Venlo and Japan midfielder Keisuke Honda has claimed Liverpool are interested in signing him, reports the Post.

"I was told before the match that a scout from Liverpool had come," Honda said, two days after scoring twice in promoted Venlo's 2-2 draw with ADO Den Haag.

"A number of top clubs are interested in Honda. Some of them are participating in the Champions League this year," said VVV Venlo chairman Hai Berden said, adding two of England's top five clubs were among them.

"We hear that Liverpool scouts have been following Honda since last season while top Dutch clubs also watched him," Taishi Takahatake, head of Honda's management firm Balance Inc., told AFP.

"But there has been no formal offer. His Dutch agent is in charge of any deal and we will wait and see until the transfer window closes at the end of the month," he said.

The 23-year-old Japanese International, has already scored three goals in the first two games of the new season and was the winner of the MVP award in the second division last season. Honda played four seasons with J-League Nagoya Grampus before joining Venlo. He has scored 21 goals in 52 games for the club and is known for his physical toughness and free-kick skills. Honda has also scored one goal in six games for Japan since making his international debut in June 2008 during World Cup qualifiers.

Monday, 10 August 2009

Transfer Speculation: Honda, Shawcross

Keisuke Honda
The chairman for Dutch side 'VVV Venlo' has revealed several top European clubs have expressed their interest in signing midfielder Keisuke Honda.

Hai Berden said: "Honda, who was Eerste Divisie's Most Valuable Player last year, has started life in the Eredivisie in style with three goals in his first two games," reports Sky Sports.

"A number of top clubs are interested in Honda. Some of them are participating in the Champions League this year," Berden told Dutch newspaper Algemeen Dagblad.

"Liverpool scouts have been watching Honda this term and the 23-year-old admitted he would not hesitate to move to England if the opportunity arose," reports the story.

"Playing in a league as prestige as the Premiership would be a dream," he said earlier in the year.

"I would seriously consider any offers that come my way."

Ryan Shawcross
Rafa Benitez has reportedly turned his attention to the Stoke City defender, following the £12 million evaluation of Hull central defender Michael Turner, reports the Telegraph. "Benitez is reported to be considering a £5 million bid for the 21 year-old Stoke centre-back," says the story. The Reds manager is also still interested in Portsmouth's Sylvain Distin, which has been speculated upon a number of times throughout the summer.