Showing posts with label Ezequiel Lavezzi. Show all posts
Showing posts with label Ezequiel Lavezzi. Show all posts

Thursday, 2 July 2009

Transfer Speculation: D'Agostino, Lavezzi

Gaetano D'Agostino
Liverpool have reportedly lined up Udinese playmaker Gaetano D'Agostino as a replacement for Xabi Alonso says the Mail.

The aricle claims: “reports in Spain suggest Alonso and Anfield team-mate Alvaro Arbeloa will complete moves to Real Madrid in the next few days, if not hours.”

“Udinese are prepared to sell either D'Agostino or Manchester United target Alexis Sanchez if bidding exceeds £17million.”

Juventus are also believed to be interested in D'Agostino, but have not been able to meet the asking price.

The 27-year-old who made his Italy debut against Northern Ireland last month is keen to move to Juve, “but Udinese president Giampaolo Pozzo has become exasperated by negotiations.”
Speaking to Sky Italia Pozzo said: “The deal must be resolved one way or another. If it isn’t completed by July 6 then it is destined to collapse. In my opinion, Juve have underestimated the value of the player. They don’t think he is the champion he actually is, and we’ll prove them wrong next season. He is worth all the money we are demanding.”

Ezequiel Lavezzi
Napoli coach Roberto Donadoni expects unsettled Argentina forward Ezequiel Lavezzi to turn up for pre-season training next week says the Mail. The story goes under the headline “Lavezzi expected back at training after failing to secure Liverpool move.”

Lavezzi's has been seeking for an improved with the Naples club, but it has been rejected. The striker has been linked with a move to Liverpool this summer.

When asked about Lavezzi, Donadoni said: "The club and I think, hope and are convinced that Lavezzi will be in Austria with the team on July 10 (for pre-season training). I have no reason to think otherwise. Lavezzi is a good lad, who has understood the situation and I am counting on him for next season."

Lavezzi's agent claimed Napoli refused to enter negotiations with Liverpool over the possible transfer of the 24-year-old to Merseyside. The player has also been linked with Manchester City and Chelsea.

Friday, 12 June 2009

Transfer Speculation round up

Here’s a round up of other gossip, chitter-chat, rumour and speculation from around the web.

Yossi Benayoun, who recent reports suggests has been linked with Barcelona, is expected to be offered an extension to his Liverpool contract, which has two years left, claims the Echo. The article also says “the player himself seems set to reject any advances” from Catalan club, by quoting an interview the player made last week: “It could be Real Madrid knocking on my door, I'd still rather stay at Liverpool.” The comment was made before speculation arose of interest from Barcelona.

Luc Castaignos. “Arsenal, Liverpool and Chelsea are said to be competing for Luc Castaignos, the Feyenoord striker whose potential has been likened to Thierry Henry. Arsène Wenger, the Arsenal manager, is expected to travel to the Netherlands this month to talk to the 16-year-old, who has two years left on his contract,” claim's the Times.

Glen Johnson. Also in the Times, “Manchester City have apparently made an approach for Glen Johnson, the Portsmouth right back who had been expected to move to Liverpool this summer. The 24-year-old, who has also attracted interest from Chelsea, his former club, signed a 4½-year contract in January after being pursued by Tottenham Hotspur and Liverpool.”

Andrea Dossena. The Independent says “Benitez could soon tie up a deal to sell full-back Andrea Dossena to Juventus for £6.5m, after the Italian failed to settle at Anfield.”

Also in the Independent: Madrid sources have linked Alvaro Negredo, Alberto Bueno, Javier Saviola or Gabriel Heinze as possible makeweights in any possible deal for, yes, you guessed it: Xabi Alonso

Alvaro Negredo. Setanta has Real Madrid's Alvaro Negredo moving to Valencia in a swap plus cash cash with Valencia star David Villa. Negredo however seems open for a Liverpool move instead. Speaking to Spanish sports paper ‘AS’ he stated: “I already said they are a great club and playing alongside Fernando Torres would be huge."

Ezequiel Lavezzi's agent, Alejandro Mazzoni insists Liverpool have bid for the player despite denials from Benitez and Napoli general director Pierpaolo Marino. Quoted in the Telegraph Mazzoni said: "Pierpaolo Marino continues to lie," said Mazzoni. "I reiterate that a Fifa agent presented Napoli with an offer from Liverpool for Lavezzi. This was a formal procedure as the player cannot be contacted directly (by the interested club) because he is under contract with Napoli."

Tuesday, 9 June 2009

Rafa stops Lavezzi rumours

Transfer speculation

Liverpool manager Rafa Benitez has dismissed reports that the club has made an approach for Napoli striker Ezequiel Lavezzi reports today’s Independent. The article says: “There were claims in Italy yesterday that Napoli had been approached by an agent acting as an intermediary for Liverpool over a possible £15m deal for the 24 year-old Argentina international. And the player's advisor Eduardo Rossetto insisted that "Liverpool's proposal is true." However, Benitez said today: "We never contacted Lavezzi and we have no intention of doing so. We want to put a stop to these rumours."

Monday, 8 June 2009

Napoli told to consider Liverpool offer for Lavezzi

Transfer Speculation

Ezequiel Lavezzi's agent has urged Napoli not to deny the player a move to Liverpool say’s today’s Times. “The Premier League club have reportedly enquired about the Argentina forward only to see their advances rebuffed as Napoli attempt to keep hold of the 24-year-old, who is under contract until June 2013” states the article.

"Liverpool's proposal is true," Eduardo Rossetto, Lavezzi's advisor, said. "[Napoli general director Pierpaolo] Marino has met twice with Fifa agent Pablo Cosentino, who has invited him to set up a meeting in Liverpool or in Naples with the English outfit. "Ezequiel has tried several times to speak to Marino but he has received no response. If Napoli have decided to take this extreme position, so will we. We don't want to force Napoli to sell the player but I think it is correct for the club just to consider the offer, to judge it whether it's sufficient or not."

Lavezzi, who joined Napoli in the summer of 2007, scored seven goals for the Serie A club this season.

Tuesday, 2 June 2009

Lavezzi rumours intensify as player pens bizarre goodbye to fans

Transfer Speculation

Liverpool target Ezequiel Lavezzi seems ever more likely to be heading out of Napoli after writing a letter to fans in which he claims to have been treated with “a lack of respect” by the club reports today’s Star. The article say’s: “The striker, who is under contract at the Serie A side until 2012, insisted yesterday he wants to remain at Napoli despite reported interest from the Reds. However, the 24-year-old looks to have changed his mind amid reports of a falling out with sporting director Pierpaolo Marino. The letter reads: “I’m writing this letter to the fans who have always been close to me. It’s a difficult time and I hope that soon the situation will become clearer as much for you as for me. The only sure thing is that one day there won’t be either Lavezzi or Marino but there will always be this great club and this immense city simply because Napoli does not belong to anyone, it represents the synthesis of the sentiment of their fans’ dignity. Today I have to choose between dignity and a lack of respect, because of my loyalty to my upbringing without doubt I choose dignity.”

The article goes on to say: “reports in Italy suggest Lavezzi’s representatives met with Manchester United chiefs in Madrid with a view to a move to Old Trafford. The Argentina forward’s agent claims he has an offer on the table from a big club but insists nothing has been decided yet. Alejandro Mazzoni said: “This is not a goodbye letter. He was thinking about leaving an explanation for the fans, who are important for him. “He never said he wanted to leave Napoli. “There is a very real offer from a team who are playing in the Champions League and where he would earn much more than here. “Marino had a strategy for arriving at the end of the season but he has not respected anything of what he promised. “The lad wants to stay at Napoli. But for him what’s more important is dignity which is above contracts, national teams, money - above everything. “If it was for the city and fans he would stay, 100%, but if it was for the relationship between us and the directors, it would be close to zero.”

As this story is entitled: “LIVERPOOL TO SNAP UP LAVEZZI?” one could argue the article doesn’t do what it says on the tin.

Meanwhile the Daily Express reports: “Lavezzi prepared to snub Liverpool”. When asked about a reported offer from Liverpool, the player said "Liverpool's offer?, I want to stay at Napoli," said Lavezzi. "I hope everything will be made clear but it depends on the club not on me." and added: "I reiterate that my wish is to remain at Napoli."

Monday, 1 June 2009

Liverpool target Lavezzi wants to remain at Napoli

Transfer Speculation

Argentina striker Ezequiel Lavezzi wants to remain at Napoli despite reported interest from Liverpool claims today’s Independent. The article goes on to say:

“Lavezzi, who joined the Naples-based side in the summer of 2007, has scored seven goals for the Serie A club this season. "Liverpool's offer?, I want to stay at Napoli," said Lavezzi.
"I hope everything will be made clear but it depends on the club not on me. "I reiterate that my wish is to remain at Napoli." The 24-year-old is under contract with Napoli until June 2012.”

The player’s agent claimed a few weeks ago that “The offer from Liverpool was genuine”, with speculation in the media suggesting Napoli had rejected an £18 million offer from Liverpool for the Argentinean international. LFC Alert initially reported this transfer speculation here.

Saturday, 23 May 2009

Rafa bids for Napoli forward Lavezzi

Transfer Speculation

The Telegraph is reporting that Liverpool have made a bid or Napoli forward Ezequiel Lavezzi. The Italian media have been quick to call him the “new Maradona”, however Lavezzi himself plays this down, instead comparing himself to Carlos Tevez. The article goes on to say: “Reports in Italy that Napoli have rejected an £18 million offer from Liverpool for the Argentinean international Ezequiel Lavezzi suggest he can be added to a list of potential Benitez targets. The forward, who is thought to be keen to leave the club, wants to play in the Champions League and would be a viable alternative to either Tevez or Silva.

His agent, Alejandro Mazzoni, said: "The offer from Liverpool was genuine, and came with a £2.5 million yearly salary." Aurelio De Laurentiis, the Napoli president, insists Lavezzi "is not for sale, unless an offer too good to refuse arrives."

Setanta Sports News claim that Eduardo Rossetto is the players agent and speaking with La Gazzetta Dello Sport he said: “Napoli own the player, and they have the last word," He goes on to say "I can confirm that an important offer exceeding 20million euros was made, but [chairman Aurelio] De Laurentiis did not consider it sufficient. Will he stay? That depends on Napoli. It's like owning a car. If it's just an average motor then you don't have to spend much on maintenance. But, if it's a high spec type, then it will cost you more. Without going into too much detail, Lavezzi's wages would be tripled."

The Telegraph article also speculates about other targets that Rafa has in his sights with a list of the usual suspects heading top of the list. It goes on to say that “Benitez has already drawn up a list of transfer targets, with Gareth Barry, Carlos Tevez, David Silva and Glen Johnson his four priorities. Financing those moves will be an issue, though. He is likely to be granted just £20 million for one major signing by owners Tom Hicks and George Gillett, although he may add to this through sales. Andrea Dossena, Andriy Voronin, Sebastian Leto and Ryan Babel will all be sold if appropriate offers are received."

The Guardian has Martin O’Neil asking Gareth Barry to think twice about a move to Anfield. "People have said before that we 'beat' Liverpool but that wasn't the case," said O'Neill, reflecting on Villa's resistance to Liverpool's attempts to sign Barry 12 months ago. "If they had come up with the deal and met our price then I assume it would have gone through. One of the disappointing aspects for Gareth was that Liverpool were claiming they could only afford this certain [amount] of money and then spent £20m on Robbie Keane almost overnight." Asked if that course of events upset Barry, O'Neill replied: "I'm sure if I was a player I would have been [hurt]. If someone had told me they were coming for me and the next thing they're saying they don't have it and then they go and buy someone else for £20m within a day or two, that would be a different issue."

The piece goes on to say that Barry will need to choose between his desire to play Champions League football or having to cope with the possibility of not playing every game for the Reds. The player certainly has decisions to make in the coming weeks, with the possibility he may let his contract run out and leave Villa on a free transfer next summer. "There is no rush," said O'Neill. "Gareth has got things to ponder and consider. Obviously his own thoughts, not mine, could be more concerned about his England position and obviously that's something that he is considering. He wants Champions League football. The thing to consider is that we would rotate less than other teams and Gareth is one who thrives on playing most weeks."

The Mirror says any potential deal will not be cheap and speculates that "Liverpool will still have to pay at least £10million for Gareth Barry". Barry has been priced between £8-£12 million in the past few weeks by various papers. O’Neil goes on to say: "The price obviously with a year left to run is a different issue," said O’Neill, who has offered Barry a lucrative new deal to stay. But by the same token he is an England international player, he has captained his country and he is still only 28 years old. He wouldn’t come cheaply even in this day and age."

Sky Sports News has Rafa playing down the press speculation regarding summer transfers, saying: "When you know your targets then you read things you can say, 'they have no idea'. I don't waste too much time on this. We have already had about 90 Spanish players linked with us. Today there were three names we do not even know. We have some money, not big money. But for me now it is not about how much, but how good they are for us."

Sammy Lee took Benitez’s place in yesterday’s pre Spurs press conference and confirmed that Xabi Alonso was definitely in Liverpool’s plans for the future, by saying: "The talk about Alonso (going to Real Madrid) is pure speculation. You cannot prevent talk. But we always want to keep the spine of the team, our very best players. You can't stop speculation, but we want to keep the core of our squad, the best players, here. New players will be brought in. You always want to keep improving on the field compared to what we have done this season. There is a platform now to go forward and hopefully win the title, but we have to get the best out of this squad to do it." This confirmed an interview that Rafa gave to Liverpool TV: "It's very clear - Xabi has three years left and we do not want to sell him."