Showing posts with label Alvaro Negredo. Show all posts
Showing posts with label Alvaro Negredo. Show all posts

Wednesday, 22 July 2009

Transfer Speculation: Aquilani, Sama, Sissoko, Negredo, Ayala

Alberto Aquilani
“Roma claim that Liverpool want to snap up midfielder Alberto Aquilani,” says the Mirror, but then offers no quote from Roma that would re-affirm the claim. The story goes on to say that “Italy star Aquilani, who is recovering from ankle surgery, would not come cheap.” The club which is experiencing financial problems “are expected to demand more than £18m after tying down the 25-year-old with a four-year contract just two months ago,” says the story.

Stephen Sama
Liverpool have signed Borussia Dortmund’s Stephen Sama on a two-year deal says the Mirror. The Reds moved to land Sama before the German club could secure the 16-year-old on a professional deal. The highly-rated defender is a regular in Germany’s Under-17 side.

Moussa Sissoko
Toulouse midfielder Moussa Sissoko has drawn interest from Liverpool, Tottenham Hotspur and Everton. The 19-year-old Ligue 1 midfielder is highly rated but insists remains in the dark about any transfer talk.

He said: "I am flattered by those links, but, to be honest, president (Olivier) Sadran never said anything to me yet about any bid.
"For me, I will play for Toulouse until something is said to me. I am happy here and going abroad is not in my mind yet," report Sky Sports.

Alvaro Negredo
“Negredo's agent, Alejandro Camano, claims Premier League clubs have moved for the striker, but that no deal has been concluded with the Santiago Bernabeu outfit,” reports Sky Sports.
Negredo ihas been linked with Liverpool and Spurs
"We have had several offers from the Premier League, but no deal has been finalised and we are still studying which is the best option for the player," said Camano
"But also there are clubs in Spain who are interested," reorts Sky Sports.

Daniel Sanchez Ayala
Liverpool are ready to reward young defender Daniel Sanchez Ayala with a new deal, reports Sky Sports. Sanchez Ayala joined Liverpool at the start of 2007/08 from Sevilla.
18-year-old Sanchez Ayala is highly rated by the coaching staff, but has yet to make his first-team debut. However the reserves regular has featured in Liverpool's first two pre-season friendlies this summer. Reds boss Rafa Benitez is understood to be a “big admirer of the central defender and is keen to tie him to a new long-term contract,” says the story.

Saturday, 18 July 2009

Transfer Speculation: Alonso, Negredo, Sneijder, Silva

Xabi Alonso
Real Madrid believe they will finally get their man when they return with an improved offer for Xabi Alonso this weekend, claims the Mirror.

According to the paper, the Spanish club has “reopened talks with Liverpool and are ready to increase their bid to around £32million.”

Alonso is set to rejoin his Liverpool team mate’s tomorrow, which states the paper, has prompted “both parties to intensify negotiations.”

The story declares that Real had “previously offered £22m for the Spanish midfielder and were reluctant to go beyond that figure.”

But the story claims that Rafa Benitez may be willing to listen to offers of £22m cash, plus a player in part-exchange and Real players Alvaro Negredo and Wesley Sneijder could be used to bump up the deal.

Benitez will do business if he believes the cash plus player deal will give him the “£35m which he believes reflects Alonso's current worth,” says the story.

David Silva
If the Alonso deal is agreed, it will allow the Anfield boss to “pursue Valencia winger David Silva,” says the Mirror, adding: “insiders within the club suggest that if a deal can be concluded to sell Alonso at the right price over the weekend, the club will try to wrap up a £20m deal for Silva next week.”

Silva has now returned from a holiday, but negotiations have been continuing for weeks “and it is thought a fee could be thrashed out in the early part of next week allowing Silva to sign by Wednesday,” claims the story.

Saturday, 13 June 2009

Benitez makes £6million offer for Real Madrid’s Negredo

Transfer Speculation

“Rafa Benitez has made a £6million offer for Real Madrid’s Alvaro Negredo – but faces competition from Valencia,” says the Mirror.

It has been widely reported that “Valencia want Negredo, 23, to be part of any deal for striker David Villa, who is a £35m target for Real.”

The article says: “Madrid sold hitman Negredo to Almeira in 2007 but exercised a £4m option to re-buy him – even though he is likely to be sold this summer. Liverpool boss Benitez believes Negredo has huge potential,” but, the story claims Benitez “might only be able to land him by making Xabi Alonso available to Madrid.”

However, the Telegraph, which is also running the story says: “Benitez has made it abundantly clear that he intends to hold on to Alonso so it is possible Real will now turn their attentions to Alvaro Arbeloa who carries a price tag of £8 million.”

Friday, 12 June 2009

Transfer Speculation round up

Here’s a round up of other gossip, chitter-chat, rumour and speculation from around the web.

Yossi Benayoun, who recent reports suggests has been linked with Barcelona, is expected to be offered an extension to his Liverpool contract, which has two years left, claims the Echo. The article also says “the player himself seems set to reject any advances” from Catalan club, by quoting an interview the player made last week: “It could be Real Madrid knocking on my door, I'd still rather stay at Liverpool.” The comment was made before speculation arose of interest from Barcelona.

Luc Castaignos. “Arsenal, Liverpool and Chelsea are said to be competing for Luc Castaignos, the Feyenoord striker whose potential has been likened to Thierry Henry. Arsène Wenger, the Arsenal manager, is expected to travel to the Netherlands this month to talk to the 16-year-old, who has two years left on his contract,” claim's the Times.

Glen Johnson. Also in the Times, “Manchester City have apparently made an approach for Glen Johnson, the Portsmouth right back who had been expected to move to Liverpool this summer. The 24-year-old, who has also attracted interest from Chelsea, his former club, signed a 4½-year contract in January after being pursued by Tottenham Hotspur and Liverpool.”

Andrea Dossena. The Independent says “Benitez could soon tie up a deal to sell full-back Andrea Dossena to Juventus for £6.5m, after the Italian failed to settle at Anfield.”

Also in the Independent: Madrid sources have linked Alvaro Negredo, Alberto Bueno, Javier Saviola or Gabriel Heinze as possible makeweights in any possible deal for, yes, you guessed it: Xabi Alonso

Alvaro Negredo. Setanta has Real Madrid's Alvaro Negredo moving to Valencia in a swap plus cash cash with Valencia star David Villa. Negredo however seems open for a Liverpool move instead. Speaking to Spanish sports paper ‘AS’ he stated: “I already said they are a great club and playing alongside Fernando Torres would be huge."

Ezequiel Lavezzi's agent, Alejandro Mazzoni insists Liverpool have bid for the player despite denials from Benitez and Napoli general director Pierpaolo Marino. Quoted in the Telegraph Mazzoni said: "Pierpaolo Marino continues to lie," said Mazzoni. "I reiterate that a Fifa agent presented Napoli with an offer from Liverpool for Lavezzi. This was a formal procedure as the player cannot be contacted directly (by the interested club) because he is under contract with Napoli."

Thursday, 11 June 2009

Alonso gossip of the day

Despite Rafa Benitez insisting on numerous occasions that Xabi Alonso is not for sale, with his most recent statement regarding the incessant gossip only coming a few days ago. Despite Real’s president Florentino Perez ruling out a move for Alonso yesterday by proclaiming “He is a great player but he also plays in a big team and I haven't heard any news that they plan to sell him," many papers are still reporting that the player is on his way out of the club, with the Bernabéu his destination. I loath to offer the tiresome speculation any more space, but thought this had a bit of a new spin on the usual story knocking round fleet street. Today’s Independent says:

“Sources in Spain are now suggesting two Real youngsters could be part of a deal to take Alonso to the Bernabeu. Benitez would want big money for Alonso, approaching £30million, but Spanish sports paper AS claim that strikers Alvaro Negredo and Alberto Bueno could be included in any deal. Negredo, 23, has spent the last two years on loan at Almeria, and scored 19 goals last season. Under his current deal Real Madrid own 50 per cent of any possible deal for the player and they also have a buy-back option. He said: "My future depends on Real Madrid, but I believe that this summer it is logical that I am interested in playing in the Premier League and especially Liverpool. I believe that playing in England would be a great chance for me as this league is a sensational place for forwards." Bueno is considered to be a star of the future. The 21-year-old was the tournament's top scorer in the 2006 Under -19 European Championship. And prior to making his first-team debut in the Spanish Cup last season, he had scored 37 goals in 37 games for Castilla, the club's reserve team.”

Sunday, 31 May 2009

Spanish paper claims Alonso move has been agreed

Transfer Speculation

Today’s Daily Mail is running a rather worrying news story. It declares: “Xabi Alonso has agreed a £22million move to Real Madrid according to reports in Spain” Spanish newspaper ‘Sport’ is claiming Alonso will be the first ‘Galactico’ of Florentino Perez’s second stint as Bernabeu president. Perez who could take control as early as tomorrow has reportedly already reached an agreement for the Spain midfielder. The paper says the Anfield star has agreed to a deal in principle weeks ago and that Liverpool accepted an offer on Friday.

The article claims that “there remains a few variables to sort out. Former Manchester United defender Gabriel Heinze could go the other way in part-exchange” It also says: “Benitez is also said to be keen on striker Alvaro Negredo. Madrid sold the 23-year-old to Ameria but have a buy-back option and Liverpool are said to have wanted him as part of the Alonso deal. However the £13m price-tag quoted is too much for Liverpool as they would prefer the cash to target Aston Villa midfielder Gareth Barry.

Let’s hope this is just another example of Perez and the Spanish media trying to cause mischief. I truly believe Liverpool will miss Alonso should he depart, as the influential midfielder has been one of the main reasons for Liverpool’s great season. He has been the main avenue of attack, routing balls from the middle of the park into dangerous areas via his incredible passing skill.

I can’t see Heinze at 29 being more then a back up defender, despite Rafa’s previous interest in him. Negrado has had a decent season, scoring 19 times and Real Madrid apparently have first option on him until the end of June. As previously reported on LFC Alert here a few weeks back, Negrado who is nicknamed ‘the wild animal’, played for Real Madrid’s second team, before he joined Almeria. However they have reportedly inserted a buy-back clause of £4.4million.

Meanwhile the Daily Star is reporting fellow countryman Cesc Fabregas wants Alonso at Arsenal: “We need someone in the middle to make competition and make a difference, plus give us a new dimension. Xabi would be great. He’s experienced and can score goals. I’m sure the boss is aware of that fact.”

Monday, 4 May 2009

Benitez tracks 'Wild Animal' Negredo

Transfer Speculation

Liverpool are believed to be tracking Almeria striker Alvaro Negredo claims Sky Sports News today. Negredo, who’s nickname is La fiera de Vallecas (The wild animal of Vallecas) is on Rafa Benitez's list of targets for the summer, and he admits he would love to move to Anfield. Negredo has been one of the real stars of La Liga hitting the target 19 times this term, and 32 goals in his two seasons at the club. His talents are also believed to have sparked the attention of a number of clubs. Fulham made an unsuccessful effort to sign him in January, while Aston Villa are also interested. The article goes on to say:

“Liverpool are now ready to make a move for the player, although his situation is somewhat complicated in that Real Madrid have first option on him until the end of June. He was with Real Madrid - albeit mainly their second team - before he joined Almeria, but they inserted a buy-back clause of £4.4million which they are now likely to activate. This will mean they can sell him on, with reports suggesting they would want £9.8million and it seems Liverpool would be willing to pay this sum. Negredo, at just 24, represents real potential and Benitez is keen on taking him to England. "To play next to Fernando Torres at Anfield is a dream and any player would accept that. But I prefer to talk about reality and I have not spoken with Rafa Benitez, but I do know that some contact exists between the clubs." Negredo concedes that Real Madrid will ultimately decide where his future lies. "My future depends on Real Madrid, but I believe that this summer I will be out of Almeria," he continued. I am grateful to Almeria because they have given me my chance to play in the Primera Liga. But it is logical that I am interested in playing in the Premier League and especially Liverpool. I believe that playing in England would be a great chance for me as this league is a sensational place for forwards."