Showing posts with label Javier Saviola. Show all posts
Showing posts with label Javier Saviola. Show all posts

Monday, 15 June 2009

Transfer Speculation: Tevez, Richards and Saviola

Here's a round up of all the Transfer Speculation from around the web.

Carlos Tevez
“Representatives of the Argentina striker Carlos Tevez will hold discussions with four clubs in the Premier League this week: Manchester United, Manchester City, Liverpool and Chelsea” reports Sky Sports.It is also claimed that “one club in Italy and one in Spain are interested in the player”. The article says “that Tevez himself will announce that he would prefer to stay in the Premier League.”

Micah Richards
The Post speculates that Liverpool and Arsenal are both interested in taking the 20 year-old Manchester City defender Micah Richards. The article says: “Rafael Benitez and Arsene Wenger both recognise that they could get a potentially brilliant prospect at a great price and think that a price of around £5m could persuade Mark Hughes to let him go, especially if he manages to outbid Chelsea and Liverpool for Glen Johnson.”

Javier Saviola
The Post also says: "Liverpool hope to be able to wrap up a deal that will see them rescue Javier Saviola from Real Madrid, after the two clubs agreed a fee for the Argentinian striker, according to reports. Rafa Benitez believes that the 27-year-old could resurrect his career at Anfield by pairing up with Fernando Torres and the Merseyside outfit have held negotiations with Los Merengues. A deal worth around £5 million (€6m) is believed to have been settled upon, media in Spain and England claim, and an official announcement could be made later this week."

Friday, 12 June 2009

Transfer Speculation round up

Here’s a round up of other gossip, chitter-chat, rumour and speculation from around the web.

Yossi Benayoun, who recent reports suggests has been linked with Barcelona, is expected to be offered an extension to his Liverpool contract, which has two years left, claims the Echo. The article also says “the player himself seems set to reject any advances” from Catalan club, by quoting an interview the player made last week: “It could be Real Madrid knocking on my door, I'd still rather stay at Liverpool.” The comment was made before speculation arose of interest from Barcelona.

Luc Castaignos. “Arsenal, Liverpool and Chelsea are said to be competing for Luc Castaignos, the Feyenoord striker whose potential has been likened to Thierry Henry. Arsène Wenger, the Arsenal manager, is expected to travel to the Netherlands this month to talk to the 16-year-old, who has two years left on his contract,” claim's the Times.

Glen Johnson. Also in the Times, “Manchester City have apparently made an approach for Glen Johnson, the Portsmouth right back who had been expected to move to Liverpool this summer. The 24-year-old, who has also attracted interest from Chelsea, his former club, signed a 4½-year contract in January after being pursued by Tottenham Hotspur and Liverpool.”

Andrea Dossena. The Independent says “Benitez could soon tie up a deal to sell full-back Andrea Dossena to Juventus for £6.5m, after the Italian failed to settle at Anfield.”

Also in the Independent: Madrid sources have linked Alvaro Negredo, Alberto Bueno, Javier Saviola or Gabriel Heinze as possible makeweights in any possible deal for, yes, you guessed it: Xabi Alonso

Alvaro Negredo. Setanta has Real Madrid's Alvaro Negredo moving to Valencia in a swap plus cash cash with Valencia star David Villa. Negredo however seems open for a Liverpool move instead. Speaking to Spanish sports paper ‘AS’ he stated: “I already said they are a great club and playing alongside Fernando Torres would be huge."

Ezequiel Lavezzi's agent, Alejandro Mazzoni insists Liverpool have bid for the player despite denials from Benitez and Napoli general director Pierpaolo Marino. Quoted in the Telegraph Mazzoni said: "Pierpaolo Marino continues to lie," said Mazzoni. "I reiterate that a Fifa agent presented Napoli with an offer from Liverpool for Lavezzi. This was a formal procedure as the player cannot be contacted directly (by the interested club) because he is under contract with Napoli."

Liverpool close in on Madrid’s Saviola

Transfer Speculation

Liverpool hope to complete the £5m transfer of Javier Saviola from Real Madrid next week states today’s Mail. The article claims that “Rafa Benitez is keen to sign the Argentina international nicknamed the Rabbit who joined Madrid on a bosman free from Barcelona two years ago. The 27-year-old, who has scored 12 goals in 44 internationals, has struggled to establish himself at the Bernabeu and has been told to vacate the No 9 shirt, which will be worn by Cristiano Ronaldo next season.” The article also goes on to claim that Madrid intend to offload up to 10 players to help fund their spending spree which could reach £260m. It also says Saviola could be offered as part of a (yawn) “renewed bid” for Xabi Alonso. Saviola's current contract with Real ends in 2010.