Showing posts with label Alberto Bueno. Show all posts
Showing posts with label Alberto Bueno. Show all posts

Friday, 12 June 2009

Transfer Speculation round up

Here’s a round up of other gossip, chitter-chat, rumour and speculation from around the web.

Yossi Benayoun, who recent reports suggests has been linked with Barcelona, is expected to be offered an extension to his Liverpool contract, which has two years left, claims the Echo. The article also says “the player himself seems set to reject any advances” from Catalan club, by quoting an interview the player made last week: “It could be Real Madrid knocking on my door, I'd still rather stay at Liverpool.” The comment was made before speculation arose of interest from Barcelona.

Luc Castaignos. “Arsenal, Liverpool and Chelsea are said to be competing for Luc Castaignos, the Feyenoord striker whose potential has been likened to Thierry Henry. Arsène Wenger, the Arsenal manager, is expected to travel to the Netherlands this month to talk to the 16-year-old, who has two years left on his contract,” claim's the Times.

Glen Johnson. Also in the Times, “Manchester City have apparently made an approach for Glen Johnson, the Portsmouth right back who had been expected to move to Liverpool this summer. The 24-year-old, who has also attracted interest from Chelsea, his former club, signed a 4½-year contract in January after being pursued by Tottenham Hotspur and Liverpool.”

Andrea Dossena. The Independent says “Benitez could soon tie up a deal to sell full-back Andrea Dossena to Juventus for £6.5m, after the Italian failed to settle at Anfield.”

Also in the Independent: Madrid sources have linked Alvaro Negredo, Alberto Bueno, Javier Saviola or Gabriel Heinze as possible makeweights in any possible deal for, yes, you guessed it: Xabi Alonso

Alvaro Negredo. Setanta has Real Madrid's Alvaro Negredo moving to Valencia in a swap plus cash cash with Valencia star David Villa. Negredo however seems open for a Liverpool move instead. Speaking to Spanish sports paper ‘AS’ he stated: “I already said they are a great club and playing alongside Fernando Torres would be huge."

Ezequiel Lavezzi's agent, Alejandro Mazzoni insists Liverpool have bid for the player despite denials from Benitez and Napoli general director Pierpaolo Marino. Quoted in the Telegraph Mazzoni said: "Pierpaolo Marino continues to lie," said Mazzoni. "I reiterate that a Fifa agent presented Napoli with an offer from Liverpool for Lavezzi. This was a formal procedure as the player cannot be contacted directly (by the interested club) because he is under contract with Napoli."

Thursday, 11 June 2009

Alonso gossip of the day

Despite Rafa Benitez insisting on numerous occasions that Xabi Alonso is not for sale, with his most recent statement regarding the incessant gossip only coming a few days ago. Despite Real’s president Florentino Perez ruling out a move for Alonso yesterday by proclaiming “He is a great player but he also plays in a big team and I haven't heard any news that they plan to sell him," many papers are still reporting that the player is on his way out of the club, with the Bernabéu his destination. I loath to offer the tiresome speculation any more space, but thought this had a bit of a new spin on the usual story knocking round fleet street. Today’s Independent says:

“Sources in Spain are now suggesting two Real youngsters could be part of a deal to take Alonso to the Bernabeu. Benitez would want big money for Alonso, approaching £30million, but Spanish sports paper AS claim that strikers Alvaro Negredo and Alberto Bueno could be included in any deal. Negredo, 23, has spent the last two years on loan at Almeria, and scored 19 goals last season. Under his current deal Real Madrid own 50 per cent of any possible deal for the player and they also have a buy-back option. He said: "My future depends on Real Madrid, but I believe that this summer it is logical that I am interested in playing in the Premier League and especially Liverpool. I believe that playing in England would be a great chance for me as this league is a sensational place for forwards." Bueno is considered to be a star of the future. The 21-year-old was the tournament's top scorer in the 2006 Under -19 European Championship. And prior to making his first-team debut in the Spanish Cup last season, he had scored 37 goals in 37 games for Castilla, the club's reserve team.”