Friday 2 October 2009

Agger says It's good to be back

Daniel Agger could figure in Sundays game against Chelsea following after coming through sixty minutes with the reserves on Tuesday night. Goals from David Ngog and Steven Irwin gave the young Reds a 2-0 win over Manchester City and Agger is glad to be back.

"It is good to be back and it felt good to be back on the pitch again," Agger told the official site.

"It is always frustrating when you are out injured and can't play football, so to get back out there again was great.

"I knew in pre-season that my back wasn't right so I had to get the problem sorted. I set myself the target to be back around this time and so I'm happy.

"I will keep working hard and do everything I can to help the team and get back in the side as soon as possible."

"I enjoyed it and I think everybody did well and we had a good mentality out there," added Agger.

No comments:

Post a Comment